Using the Tavern (5)
There is no longer a reason to log in, this site is maintained strictly for historical purposes. New content is not being added. You can still search, read, and enjoy. Add your memories to the Scroll of Remembrance from the link there.
Please contact Dreamheart if you have questions.
So that we’re all singing from the same page, here is what the categories of the Wren’s Nest are for. (I’d rather err on too few than too many.)
- News – What the news was in the realm for the date/s mentioned! Events, plots, observances, gossip, if it is going on, it’s news of one sort or another. News is further categorized into provinces (optional) or the year (it’ll make it easier 5 years from now to look back on a year’s articles).
- Memories – This is for you to remember people, things, or events of the past. Frankly, I have learned the hard way that if you do not write it down when it is fresh, you start forgetting.
- Features – This is an administrative category, please ignore it. We’ll use it to spotlight special projects and huge news items and stuff. The most recent three things from the Features category appears on the image slider on the home page, for instance. But the category could, and does, contain more. It is not a permanent designation at all.
- Character Blogs – You write your own journal here. Please request one from Dreamheart (button at the top). You’ll even get your own landing page to share with your bffs!
- Editorials – Opinion pieces. Anyone can write here.
- Fan Fiction – Because someone asked for it. Make up one story, make up many; if it is set in DragonRealms, it belongs here.
- Archives – This is where the precious historic scrolls and articles from the original Wren’s Nest instances landed. Once the project is completed, they will all be further sub-divided by the year they happened to make it easier on Researchers.
You’ll primarily be posting in News, Memories, Blogs, and Editorials. If you can think of something that just does not seem to belong to one of these categories, please let Dreamheart or Baresh know.
There’s a little link under the login boxes that will email you instructions to reset your password. It is automatically generated email to the address you used when you signed up, so there’s a chance it could look like junk to your email filters. Be sure to check your junk folder.
It should not take any more than 30-60 minutes to receive the email. In many instances, it will come within minutes.
Wrenfirth is the name of our mascot – the lovely little purple wren on our sign. The original Wren’s Nest logo was designed back in 1997 by Solis. We have tried to stay with the look and feel of that in this updated design housing.
Back Story (4)
Dreamheart Delaevan Forestwolf is the proprietor of the Tavern. Baresh is the trusty barkeep who hears people’s tales and makes sure they are written down to tell to the next patron who asks.
Ultimately, however, it’s the patrons of the Wren’s Nest who make it a community and incredible resource by telling stories, reporting events, and recounting memories. This is what makes any fiction live and breathe.
The first version of The Wren’s Nest went live in 1997. It went through several re-designs, but always stayed true to the original vision. There were a couple slow periods when I did not play DR. It went offline in the spring of 2008, and this current version started with a Grand Re-Opening in the last part of May 2013.
There are news and stories in the archives from before the DR year of 350.
In 1996, Greywulf whispered to Dreamweaver, “You could build a gathering place for information and stories. Out…there…on the web of time.”
And there the seed was planted in the back of my mind. There it stayed, and germinated.
In 1997, over drinks in Taelbert’s, Firannion, Aifee, Agraynal, and Therrilliar were discussing current events with Dreamheart. They despaired of getting all the right information from the right people together to try to solve a particular dilemma that had cropped up. That was when Firannion asked Dreamheart if there was some way to …. gather it. Out … “there”. Aiffee’s face lit up. Therrilliar almost beamed, and Agraynel chimed in with, “Yes!”
And the seed which had already grown roots, began to sprout and became the reality of The Wren’s Nest Tavern. It opened in the year 349 at the “Crossroads of Everywhere”. A most convenient property acquisition – Location is everything, we hear.
My only regret? That Greywulf never knew.
Our mission here has always been the same: to provide an in-character means of reporting and recording the news and heroes of DragonRealms. The community of the Tavern has built bonds that span decades, and it remains an important reference source for researchers in its current, archived, state.